Saturday, July 18, 2009

High Speed Broadband

Alhamdulillah, kursus induksi HSBB batch 8 telah berakhir.

Ia sepatutnya menjadi kursus tiga minggu atau 21 hari tetapi bagi batch kami hanya 18hari sahaja.(Tamrin pernah sertai paling lama pun seminggu)

Joining Telekom Malaysia is something out of my head. Mungkin the survival factor which lead to such desicion.

I'm suppose to report myself tommorrow, but still I dont start working yet.... there is another 6- 12 months training... techinical training. Class n studying seem as I continue for my master. Subjects such communication and data network is just part of the course.

The different is I will be studying the current technology of HSBB or High Speed Broadband and within 10 years, we have to prepare TM next technology or the future tech of communication.

The intake of TM's new staff were thousands. Althought only by contracts, these new intake will replace almost 48 percent of TM staff which will retire by the year 2012.
So HSBB's staff could consider as the second generation of TM supporting its human capital and resources.

Hmm.. commenting salary, it is not as prosper as oil n gas companies such Pertonas etc. For me it is too late to change my specialization as I focusing on communication such as fiber optic. Oh...by the way my job is on FTTH or Fiber To The Home.

HSBB project is very crucial to TM since two of its top revenue contributors Celcom and TMI( Axiata) separate and leave TM. HSBB is a TM survival project and we are responsible to ensure it successes.

p/s After this no more copper wire (Streamyx) but FTTH fiber to the home with minimun of 10 Mbps! Ada percaya? Hmmm... kita tunggu.

No comments: